Edna has been expanding her crafty horizons and has been trying her hand at quilting. Now, she'd like you to do the same.
Q is for quilting, you can make a quilt themed project or use paper piecing.
I paper pieced a quilt pattern. Please admire this card. It was so EFFING fiddly I will never ever ever never make another one.
I started with 8 1" squares, cut them in halves to make the star quilt pattern. Layered that on a piece of cardstock and ran the whole thing through the cuttlebug to get a quilt-like pattern.
Took WAY longer than it should have, but I am pleased with the result.
SHITE I USED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla cardstock (SU)
- Design paper (SU - retired)
- Paper piercer and template (SU)
- Walnut Stain distress marker (Tim Holtz)
- Gathered Twigs distress ink (Tim Holtz)
- Mini ink blender tool (Tim Holtz)
- Lattice embossing folder (SU)
- Fishtail Banner die set (Your Next Stamp)
- Plane and Simple stamp set (SU)
Check out the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG and while you are there show the rest of the sisterhood some crafty love.
As always, we'd love for you to play along with us, you have until 11:55 pm (EDT) on Friday May 13th to upload your project to the SoSS BLOG.